View the video about our Estate Planning Clinics to see how you can give back to Maryland’s seniors!
PBRC’s Home Preservation Project recruits and trains pro bono attorneys to provide legal representation to low income Marylanders at risk of losing their homes.
How to volunteer:
Click on the area in which you are interested in volunteering below to register. You will receive an email with instructions about how to view the online training and will be put on an email listserv to get information on upcoming brief advice opportunities.
There are many ways for volunteer attorneys to get involved:
- Estate Planning – Attorneys with less than 2 years estate planning experience complete an online training course prior to volunteering. Attorneys meet one-on-one with Baltimore City seniors at a day long clinic and prepare wills, advance medical directives and financial powers of attorney. More information.
- Foreclosure Prevention – Attorneys receive a full day online training to represent homeowners facing foreclosure and/or participate in 4-6 hour “Foreclosure Solutions Workshops” where they give one-on-one brief legal advice to distressed homeowners. More information.
- Life Estate Deed Clinics – Attorneys receive a 1.5 hour online training course and participate in a day long clinic in Baltimore City where they meet one on one with Baltimore City seniors and prepare life estate deeds. More information.
- Tax Sale Prevention – Attorneys receive a half-day online training, represent one homeowner at risk of losing her home due to delinquent property taxes or water bills, and participate in one 4 hour brief advice clinic where they give brief legal advice to distressed homeowners. More information.
- Utility Bill Clinics – Attorneys receive a 2 hour online training course and participate in a half day brief advice clinic in Baltimore City where they give brief legal advice to clients regarding water, gas, and electric bill disputes and shutoffs. More information.
Please contact Margaret Henn, Esq., Director of the Home Preservation Project, at email@example.com or 443-703-3050.