How to volunteer:
Click on the area in which you are interested in volunteering above to register. You will receive an email with instructions about how to view the online training and will be put on an email listserv to get information on upcoming brief advice opportunities.
There are many ways for volunteer attorneys to get involved:
- Foreclosure Prevention – Attorneys receive a full day online training to represent homeowners facing foreclosure and/or participate in 4-6 hour “Foreclosure Solutions Workshops” where they give one-on-one brief legal advice to distressed homeowners. More information.
- Tax Sale Prevention – Attorneys receive a half-day online training, represent one homeowner at risk of losing her home due to delinquent property taxes or water bills, and participate in one 4 hour brief advice clinic where they give brief legal advice to distressed homeowners. More information.
- Estate Planning – Attorneys with less than 2 years estate planning experience complete an online training course prior to volunteering. Attorneys meet one-on-one with Baltimore City seniors at a day long clinic and prepare wills, advance medical directives and financial powers of attorney. More information.
- Senior Debt Advice – Attorneys receive a day long online training course and participate in a half-day clinic where they give one-on-one brief legal advice regarding credit card debt, medical bills, collection lawsuits and potential scams to Baltimore City residents. More information.
- Utility Bill Clinics – Attorneys receive a 2 hour online training course and participate in a half day brief advice clinic in Baltimore City where they give brief legal advice to clients regarding water, gas, and electric bill disputes and shutoffs. More information.