Thursday, June 18, 9:00-11:00am – Please join us to learn more about the U.S. immigration system, obtaining advocacy experience, and providing valuable pro bono legal representation for a vulnerable child facing deportation. The presentation will cover an overview of unaccompanied immigrant children and the laws that affect them; working with child clients and interpreters; family court and immigration proceedings for Special Immigrant Juvenile Status cases in Maryland; asylum law; and cases available for placement. Please RSVP using the following link by Friday, June 12: Initial Pro Bono Registration Form.
- Proceeding remotely: The impact on court access and legal assistance for low-income Marylanders
- Staff Profile: Daria Zane
- Montgomery County to Invest $2 Million in Tenant Assistance
- Maryland attorney general forms task force for indigent and minorities in anticipation of a “tsunami” of eviction cases
- Baltimore County’s Eviction Prevention Initiative