- This event has passed.
COVID Liability Concerns for Nonprofit Employers in Maryland
April 30 @ 12:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Friday, April 30, 2021 from 12:00 PM to 2:30 PM | View the program:
- via LIVE webinar using Zoom: You will be emailed access information.
- via WEBCAST recording: View online anytime. You will be emailed the video link within 1 business day (once the live program has been recorded and made into a web training).
- Meredith S. Campbell, Chair, Employment and Labor Group, Shulman Rogers
- Joyce Smithey, Managing Partner, Smithey Law Group LLC
Two experienced employment lawyers will provide a training on risks and best practices to a mixed group of:
- leaders of small nonprofits; and
- volunteer lawyers.
The initial presentation will include an open Q/A session for nonprofit employers. After the initial presentation, nonprofit attendees will leave, and the trainers will facilitate a follow-up discussion and Q/A from the volunteer lawyers. Volunteer lawyers must commit to providing brief advice to a nonprofit client of Community Law Center (CLC) within one year from this registration.
Topics will include questions like these:
- Can employers require employees to get tested or vaccinated before returning to the work site?
- What physical resources and allowances should employers provide to on-site or remote employees, and to in-person customers?
- What changes to policy or employee handbooks should an employer make regarding COVID?
- What should an employer do if an employee/volunteer/member of the public believes they caught COVID at the work site?
- How can, should, or must an employer accommodate employees who are at high risk, or who are sick?
- Which laws cover which employers?
Co-Sponsored by Pro Bono Resource Center of Maryland and Community Law Center