Demystifying Pro Bono
October 26 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Monday, October 26, 2020 from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM
View the LIVE WEBINAR using Zoom. You will be emailed access information.
As Pro Bono Week kicks off, join PBRC and the MSBA Young Lawyers Section for a frank discussion of common questions and fears that newer lawyers may have about pro bono service, and for a variety of resources that will be useful as you fulfill the professional privilege and obligation of pro bono service.
- Hon. Michael Siri, District Court of Maryland for Baltimore County
- Maya Zegarra, Esq., US Department of the Interior
- Jade McDuffie McClary, Esq., Pro Bono Resource Center of Maryland
- Chelsea Ortega, Esq., Santoni, Vocci, Ortega, LLC
- Indira Sharma, Esq., Saul Ewing Arnstein & Lehr, LLP
MYTH: Pro bono legal service is just like any other kind of charitable work.
MYTH: Pro bono is going to drag me into a never-ending case that will take over my life.
MYTH: Judges don’t care about or support pro bono service.
MYTH: I can’t do pro bono because my employer won’t allow or accommodate it.
MYTH: I could never do pro bono outside my area of practice.
MYTH: Government lawyers can’t do pro bono.
MYTH: I can’t do pro bono – I’m not a litigator.
All advocates are welcome!
Co-sponsored by Pro Bono Resource Center of Maryland and the Maryland State Bar Association Young Lawyers Section