- This event has passed.
Helping Tenants in Frederick, Washington & Carroll Counties: An Overview of Maryland Landlord/Tenant Practice
May 26, 2021 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Wednesday, May 26, 2021 from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM | View the program:
- via LIVE webinar using Zoom: You will be emailed access information.
- via WEBCAST recording: View online anytime. You will be emailed the video link within 1 business day (once the live program has been recorded and made into a web training).
- Overview of the issue: Client situations & why you are needed
- What to expect the day you volunteer
- Brief overview of Landlord/Tenant law in Maryland
- Cause of Action 1: Failure to Pay Rent
- Cause of Action 2: Tenant Holding Over
- Cause of Action 3: Breach of Lease
- Public/Section 8 housing and private landlords
- Right to jury trial
- Subsidies & tax credits
- Status of Covid defenses
Participants must accept one pro bono landlord/tenant case from Maryland Legal Aid within 1 year of registering. Malpractice insurance & access to a mentor are available.
Co-sponsored by Pro Bono Resource Center of Maryland and Maryland Legal Aid