- This event has passed.
[button link=”https://www.tfaforms.com/4704508?tfa_414=a0T1I0000078oDD&tfa_869=2020-06-09″ type=”big” newwindow=”yes”] Register Now[/button] [button link=”https://probonomd.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/name-change-training-flyer.png” type=”big” newwindow=”yes”]View Flyer[/button]
Tuesday, June 9, 2020 from 2:00 PM to 3:30 PM | View the training:
- Via LIVE WEBINAR: Join and interact with speakers and participants in real time via Zoom. You will be emailed the link to join within 1 week of the training.
- Via WEBCAST RECORDING: View on your device at a place and time convenient to you. You will be emailed access instructions once the webcast is ready to view (expected by mid-June).
This training will enable attorneys to prepare and file petitions for change of name and for a decree of legal gender identity with the Maryland courts; understand and be able to advise clients on the differences between judicial and administrative options for gender changes; and represent transgender and gender non-conforming clients respectfully and in a way that affirms their human dignity.
- Name change process in Maryland;
- Publication requirement and waiver;
- Administrative gender change options;
- Court orders recognizing legal gender identity;
- Updating out-of-state birth certificates;
- Sealing case records in name and gender change cases;
- Working with transgender and gender non-conforming clients.
This training is available to attorneys who commit to take one pro bono name/gender change case with FreeState Justice within one year of registration. Malpractice insurance, access to a mentor, and case support provided.
Questions? Contact Kiah Pierre at email@example.com or 443-703-3046.