- This event has passed.
The Impact Speaker Series: Estate Planning
August 30 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
The Impact Speaker Series is a monthly 1-hour virtual lunch discussion with community organization members, volunteers, and PBRC's project staff to discuss current events/issues and the importance of clinic projects. Each live event is recorded and available for continued viewing. This series is free to all advocates and community members.
Topic: Estate Planning
Since 2015, the Pro Bono Resource Center of Maryland’s Home Preservation Project, in conjunction with our partners at Senior Legal Services, Maryland Volunteer Lawyers Service, and Maryland Legal Aid, have provided Baltimore City seniors with free estate planning services. All older adults, regardless of their assets or lack thereof, need legal documents that will ensure adherence to their wishes. Estate planning ensures that intergenerational wealth, often the family home, is passed down to loved ones in the smoothest way possible. With the help of volunteer attorneys, PBRC clients walk away from our clinics with completed Wills, Advance Medical Directives, and Financial Powers of Attorney.
Join us as we discuss the importance of estate planning, obstacles that prevent families from keeping their homes in their families, and how to volunteer with our clinics and/or to undertake estate planning cases for clients in Baltimore City.
Advocates and community members are welcome to join the discussion.
- Allison Harris, Director of the Home Preservation Project, Pro Bono Resource Center of Maryland
- Madonna Lebling, Staff Attorney, Senior Legal Services Program, Bar Association of Baltimore City
- Tim Chance, Tangled Title Attorney, Maryland Volunteer Lawyers Service
- John Kern, Advanced Planning Project Coordinator, Maryland Volunteer Lawyers Service
- Mani Dominique, Home Preservation Project Volunteer Attorney