- This event has passed.
Veterans Benefits: Developing Personal and Witness Statements
May 7 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
Thursday, May 7, 2020 from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM | View the training:
- Via LIVE WEBINAR: Join and interact with speakers and participants in real time via Zoom. You will be emailed the link to join within 1 week of the training.
- Via WEBCAST RECORDING: View on your device at a place and time convenient to you. You will be emailed access instructions once the webcast is ready to view (expected by mid-May).
This training is intended for attorneys barred in any state, as well as law students, paralegals, and JDs who are interested in volunteering. The training covers how to work with veterans in developing personal statements and witness statements to submit with their veterans disability compensation claims and discharge upgrade petitions.
- Eligibility requirements for VA service-connected disabilities;
- Obtaining critical information to develop a personal statement or witness statement;
- Cultural competency in working with low-income veteran clients.
Participants must commit to assisting one veteran client develop a personal or witness statement within one year of registration. Malpractice insurance, access to a mentor, and case support provided.
Questions? Contact Kiah Pierre, Training & Records Manager, at email@example.com or 443-703-3046.
Pro Bono Resource Center of Maryland and Homeless Persons Representation Project