CITC credits are limited. If you are interested in making a Community Investment Tax Credit Gift, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org prior to making your gift.
HOW CITC WORKS
With your qualifying contribution to the Pro Bono Resource Center of Maryland (PBRC), you will receive a 50% state tax credit for your contribution. You may even qualify for a federal tax deduction (for taxpayers who choose to itemize; check with your tax advisor).
Please consult your tax advisor regarding questions specific to tax filing and to determining final out of pocket cost.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE
Individuals: An individual is a natural person or fiduciary having personal tax liability in the State of Maryland.
Businesses: Any entity that conducts a trade or business in the State and is subject to the State income tax on individuals or corporations, the public service company franchise tax, or the insurance premiums tax. These types of entities generally include corporations, public utility companies, insurance companies, financial institutions, S corporations, partnerships, sole proprietorships, and limited liability corporations.
TO QUALIFY, DONATIONS TO PBRC MUST:
- Be paid by cash, check, or credit card. Gifts of stock or in-kind goods or services do not qualify.
- Be a minimum of $500.
- Be received by PBRC by 12/31 of current year.
- Be made in one gift or installments throughout the year (all donations must be received prior to 12/31; and no goods or services can be received in exchange).
- Be claimed in the tax reporting year for which the donation is received.
- CITC is available to individuals and businesses who make a qualified donation regardless of state residency.
- NOTE: Contribution is encouraged to be in excess of your previous year’s donation. To maximize the full advantage of this CITC program, we encourage doubling the amount of your previous annual gift.
- Contact Montcreal Huggins at email@example.com for credit availability.
WHY YOU SHOULD DONATE WITH A CITC GIFT:
Individuals and businesses that make charitable contributions benefit by:
- Reducing your Maryland tax liability.
- Helping us as a vital local nonprofit organization achieve our essential mission.
- Each $500 gift ensures that two unaccompanied children will receive free legal help in immigration court.
- Each $750 gift enables three senior homeowners to save their homes from foreclosure OR secure advance planning documents to transfer their homes to their family members and preserve intergenerational wealth.
- Each $1,000 provides legal representation to four at-risk tenants to prevent eviction.
- Making a targeted community impact.
- Improving community relations and increasing your visibility.
*For Additional information please go to dhcd.maryland.gov.
Contact Montcreal Huggins via email for more information.
The Pro Bono Resource Center of Maryland, Inc. is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization (Tax ID: 52-1664796). As required under Maryland’s Charitable Solicitations law, a copy of our current financial statement is available upon request by contacting Pro Bono Resource Center of Maryland at 1500 Union Ave., Suite 2400, Baltimore, Maryland, 21211, (410) 837-9379. Documents and information submitted to the State of Maryland under the Maryland Charitable Solicitations Act are available from the Office of the Secretary of State, 16 Francis St., Annapolis, MD 21401 for the cost of copying and postage.