Name Change & Gender Identity Petitions:
Representing Transgender & Gender Non-conforming Clients Effectively
View the WEBCAST online anytime. You will be emailed the training link within 1 business day of registering.
This training will enable attorneys to prepare and file petitions for change of name and for a decree of legal gender identity with the Maryland courts; understand and be able to advise clients on the differences between judicial and administrative options for gender changes; and represent transgender and gender non-conforming clients respectfully and in a way that affirms their human dignity.
- C.P. Hoffman, Esq. and Ezra Halstead, FreeState Justice
- Name change process in Maryland;
- Publication requirement and waiver;
- Administrative gender change options;
- Court orders recognizing legal gender identity;
- Updating out-of-state birth certificates;
- Sealing case records in name and gender change cases;
- Working with transgender and gender non-conforming clients.
This training is available to attorneys who commit to take one pro bono name/gender change case with FreeState Justice within one year of registration. Malpractice insurance, access to a mentor, and case support provided.
Questions? Contact Kiah Pierre at firstname.lastname@example.org or 443-703-3046.