Pro Bono Resource Center of Maryland does not provide lawyers for cases. If you are seeking legal help we do have clinics on specific dates for various legal issues. Click a button below to find a clinic for your specific issue. If you do not see your legal issue, please visit maryland.freelegalanswers.org or scroll down to our "Other Resources."
If you need to find a free lawyer, here are some suggestions:
- Maryland Legal Aid – A statewide staff legal services program for Maryland. Help is free if you qualify. You can find out more at: http://mdlab.org
- A regional legal services provider (by county) - Help is free if you qualify.
- Allegany Law Foundation (Allegany County) – 301-722-3390
- Community Legal Services of Prince George’s County (Prince George’s County only) – 240-391-6370
- Harford County Bar Foundation (Harford County only) – 410-836-0123
- Mid-Shore Pro Bono, Inc. (Kent, Queen Anne’s, Talbot, Caroline & Dorchester Counties) – 410-690-8128
- Montgomery County Bar Foundation (Montgomery County only) – 301-424-7651
- Maryland Volunteer Lawyers Service (All other counties) – 1-800-510-0050
- Search for additional providers on the Maryland People's Law Library's Legal Services Directory.
If you need to hire a lawyer, here are places to get a lawyer:
- Local Bar Association Referral Services
- Civil Justice, Inc. – A lawyer referral service for those in Maryland who don’t qualify for free legal help. The program may be able to find you a lawyer for a reduced fee. You can find out more at: http://civiljusticenetwork.org
- Legal Services Programs in Maryland – a listing of statewide legal services providers.
- A comprehensive Guide to Legal Services in Maryland published by the Pro Bono Resource Center and housed online at the Peoples Law Library website may offer additional help: https://www.peoples-law.org/files/GUIDE.pdf
- People’s Law Library (PLL) is a legal information and self-help website for the public maintained by the Maryland State Law Library, a court-related agency of the Maryland Judiciary, and supported by Maryland’s non-profit legal services providers, Maryland pro bono lawyers, and the legal academic community.
Legal Clinic Calendar on People’s Law Library
- Need help with food, clothing, shelter, medicine or other services?