For Legal Help
Pro Bono Resource Center of Maryland does not provide lawyers for cases. If you are seeking legal help we do have clinics on specific dates for various legal issues. Click a button below to find a clinic for your specific issue. If you do not see your legal issue, please visit maryland.freelegalanswers.org or scroll down to our “Other Resources.”
If you need to find a free attorney, here are some suggestions:
- Maryland Legal Aid Bureau – A statewide staff legal services program for Maryland. Help is free if you qualify. You can find out more at: http://mdlab.org
- A regional legal services provider (by county) – Help is free if you qualify.
• Allegany Law Foundation (Allegany County) – 301-722-3390
• Community Legal Services of Prince George’s County (Prince George’s Co. only) – 240-391-6370
• Mid-Shore Pro Bono, Inc. (Kent, Queen Anne’s, Talbot, Caroline & Dorchester Counties) – 410-690-8128
• Montgomery County Bar Foundation (Montgomery Co. only) – 301-424-7651
• Maryland Volunteer Lawyers Service (All other counties) – 1-800-510-0050
- Search for additional providers on the Maryland People’s Law Library’s Legal Services Directory.
If you need to hire an attorney, here are places to get an attorney:
- Local Bar Association Referral Services
- Civil Justice, Inc. – A lawyer referral service for those in Maryland who don’t qualify for free legal help. The program may be able to find you a lawyer for a reduced fee. You can find out more at: http://civiljusticenetwork.org
- Legal Services Programs in Maryland – a listing of statewide legal services providers.
- A comprehensive Guide to Legal Services in Maryland published by the Pro Bono Resource Center and housed online at the Peoples Law Library website may offer additional help:
- People’s Law Library:
(PLL) is a legal information and self-help website for the public maintained by the Maryland State Law Library , a court-related agency of the Maryland Judiciary, and supported by Maryland’s non-profit legal services providers, Maryland pro bono attorneys, and the legal academic community.
Legal Clinic Calendar on People’s Law Library
- Need help with food, clothing, shelter, medicine or other services?
Maryland 211 – 2-1-1 Maryland connects you to health and human service resources in your community 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, in over 180 languages.
- Website: www.211md.org; Phone: 2-1-1 (24 Hour Hotline) 410-547-8000 Email: info@211MD.org; or
- Maryland Community Services Locator; www.mdcsl.org. This website allows you to find approximately 9,000 health, social service and criminal justice resource programs in Maryland.
The Pro Bono Resource Center of Maryland does not provide general legal advice or referrals to individual lawyers.