MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
Seeking bright, highly motivated, and experienced individual responsible for enhancing profile of non-profit organization and promoting volunteer legal services opportunities throughout state. Responsibilities include implementing marketing strategies for outreach to lawyers and community groups, coordinating public relations and media contacts, making public presentations, managing website and social media, drafting publications and promotional materials, and supporting development efforts. Extremely strong written and verbal communication, copy and graphics editing, organizational and computer skills required. Website and social media expertise necessary. Experience with video, and law-related experience helpful.
Part or Full time exempt position with competitive salary and excellent benefits. Must be available some evenings and weekends. Car necessary.
- Work with Director of Outreach on implementing marketing plan to reach media, law firms, individual attorneys, bar associations, and the general public with consistent messaging
- Coordinate general publicity of programs and services through electronic, web, print and social media.
- Create attractive electronic and paper materials (art and copy) for overall program, and for events. These include advertising copy, flyers, booklets, cards, and programs.
- Design and coordinate publication of e-newsletters and targeted e-mail campaigns.
- Draft and coordinate publication of annual report.
- As part of a team, manage organization’s website and social media accounts and work with all staff to keep content and collateral up to date and relevant.
- Track and monitor results of marketing and outreach activities and report to Management and Board.
- Coordinate marketing for fundraising initiatives and recognition events.
- Coordinate annual awards program and support special recognition events.
- Assist in coordination of National Celebration of Pro Bono Week.
- Write, circulate and conduct follow-up on articles, press releases, and advertisements sent to media outlets.
- Bachelor’s Degree. Two to three years relevant experience in a marketing role. Law-related experience is beneficial.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud software.
- Demonstrated experience running social media channels and experience managing and scheduling content, publishing ads, engaging audiences, and analyzing results.
- Experience with website content management systems, preferably WordPress and Google Analytics, and web-based email tools.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational and record-keeping skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well with people, including other staff, volunteers, clients, public interest organizations, Board members, and donors.
- Strong commitment to helping the community and ensuring equal access to justice.
- Experience in video creation and editing is beneficial.
The Pro Bono Resource Center of Maryland (PBRC) is a statewide non-profit organization whose mission is to advance equal access to justice in Maryland by coordinating and supporting volunteer civil legal services, providing resources and support for legal advocates for the poor, and promoting cooperation within the legal community.
Send resume, cover letter, writing sample, web/graphics sample and references to: Executive Director, PBRC, 520 W. Fayette Street, Baltimore, MD, 21201; or firstname.lastname@example.org or fax (410) 385-2616.