This policy does not apply to information that has been deidentified, anonymized, or aggregated.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We appreciate your support and collect information from and about you when you make a donation. This information may include:
- information by which you may be personally identified including your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline, state of residence, birth month and year, age, gender, occupation, employer, languages spoken, or credit card information
We collect information through a variety of means, including but not limited to when you make a donation, fill in forms, register for an event, or contact us, whether in person, via our website, or by phone, mail, or email. Our information collection practices may include the use of automatic collection and tracking technologies, such as cookies and similar tracking and analytics technologies.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Donor’s personal information is used to:
- process donations;
- thank and recognize donors for gifts;
- implement fundraising and donor engagement programs;
- inform donors about upcoming events, activities, and impact of their gifts;
- develop donor engagement models and statistics, and conduct data analysis;
- provide donors with communications, including marketing and solicitation communications and newsletters;
- conduct marketing, advertising, and promotional activities;
- protect and defend our legal rights and interests and those of others;
- protect against fraud, theft, or other crimes;
- comply with our legal obligations and legal process, including warrants, subpoenas, court orders, and regulatory or law enforcement requests, and for auditing, tax, and insurance purposes;
- for any other purpose with your consent when such consent is required.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Donor names may publicly be associated with their donation unless the donor explicitly chooses to remain “anonymous” when donating, or otherwise notifies us of their wish to remain anonymous. We do not and will not sell your personal information. We may disclose donor personal information:
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, report or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect or defend the rights, property, or safety of PBRC or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction (including, but not limited to, elder and financial abuse);
- to persons appearing to have a lawful interest in the personal information (for example, to an insurance company processing an insurance claim involving you);
- to persons disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- to other persons with your consent, if such consent is required.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may call, email, or contact us to request access to, correct, or delete personal information that you have provided to us using the contact information provided below. We may not accommodate a request if the information is necessary for our business or if accommodating the request would violate any law or legal requirement or cause information to be incorrect.
OPTING OUT OF COMMUNICATIONS
We like keeping you informed of our good work and the impact of your giving. Should you no longer wish to have your contact information used by PBRC to communicate with you for promotional, advertising, or marketing purposes, you can opt-out of such communications by contacting Elizabeth Grove at 443.703.3045.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We have taken reasonable precautions to protect donor personal information. Despite this, we cannot guarantee that donor personal information will never be exposed in ways not otherwise described in this policy. While we use our best efforts to maintain this level of security across our systems we cannot guarantee or warrant that our systems or our service providers are not vulnerable to viruses, hacking or other security threats. You acknowledge that we, and our consultants and contractors, implement commercially reasonable precautions and are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please immediately notify Elizabeth Grove at 443.703.3045.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.