COVID Liability Concerns for Nonprofit Employers in Maryland
- Recorded on 4/30/2021 -
View the training online anytime. You will be emailed the training link within 1 business day of registering.
Meredith S. Campbell, Chair, Employment and Labor Group, Shulman Rogers, an experienced employment lawyer, provides training on risks and best practices to a mixed group of:
- leaders of small nonprofits; and
- volunteer lawyers.
Topics include questions like these:
- Can employers require employees to get tested or vaccinated before returning to the work site?
- What physical resources and allowances should employers provide to on-site or remote employees, and to in-person customers?
- What changes to policy or employee handbooks should an employer make regarding COVID?
- What should an employer do if an employee/volunteer/member of the public believes they caught COVID at the work site?
- How can, should, or must an employer accommodate employees who are at high risk, or who are sick?
- Which laws cover which employers?
Participating lawyers must commit to providing brief advice to a nonprofit client of Community Law Center (CLC) within one year from this registration.
Co-Sponsored by Pro Bono Resource Center of Maryland and Community Law Center