Civil Practice and Procedure in
Maryland’s District Courts
- Recorded on 9/24/2018 -
View the training online anytime. You will be emailed the training link within 1 business day of registering.
This training is appropriate for:
- Experienced litigators, who want to learn more about affidavit judgment and failure to pay rent cases, and
- Newer lawyers who want a comprehensive introduction to Maryland’s District Courts.
- History, jurisdiction, and overview of Maryland’s District Courts;
- Practical information about lawyer codes, court forms, clerk’s offices, and online resources;
- “Walk through a case” – a brief review of Title 3 of the Maryland Rules, with deeper dives into key issues;
- Consumer law application: Proceeding in affidavit judgment cases;
- Landlord-tenant law application: Proceeding in FTPR (failure to pay rent) and rent escrow cases; and
- Next steps for pro bono service in Maryland’s District Courts.
This free training is co-sponsored by Pro Bono Resource Center of Maryland, the MSBA Young Lawyers Section, and Veritext Legal Solutions.