Helping Tenants in Frederick, Washington & Carroll Counties:
An Overview of Maryland Landlord/Tenant Practice
View the training online anytime. You will be emailed the training link within 1 business day of registering.
- Overview of the issue: Client situations & why you are needed
- What to expect the day you volunteer
- Brief overview of Landlord/Tenant law in Maryland
- Cause of Action 1: Failure to Pay Rent
- Cause of Action 2: Tenant Holding Over
- Cause of Action 3: Breach of Lease
- Public/Section 8 housing and private landlords
- Right to jury trial
- Subsidies & tax credits
- Status of Covid defenses
This training is open to lawyers who must accept one pro bono landlord/tenant case from Maryland Legal Aid within 1 year of registering. Malpractice insurance & access to a mentor are available.
Co-sponsored by Pro Bono Resource Center of Maryland and Maryland Legal Aid