REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS OF SESSION TOPICS
Submit your proposals by Monday, November 27, 2023
You are invited to propose a panel session for the 2024 Partners for Justice Conference tentatively taking place on Wednesday, May 22, 2024 at the Baltimore Convention Center. The Partners for Justice Conference is one of the largest gatherings of legal services and public interest lawyers and staff, private practitioners, elected officials, judges, human services providers and others interested in access to justice issues in the mid-Atlantic region.
Topics can include skills-based sessions, substantive law or programmatic tips. Some examples of previous conference topics include –
- Linguistic Bias in the Justice System
- Creating Meaning And Connection With Law Students In The Evolving Workplace
- Equitable Marketing In The Time Of Conscious Capitalism
- Language Access Is Equal Access: How To Serve The Multilingual Communities Effectively
- I've Represented My Client in Rent Court: Now What?
- and more!
See the 2023 Conference Schedule for inspiration.
Please use our online form to propose a topic. The form will give you the opportunity to draft a short, one-paragraph description of the panel topic to be included in the Conference, and space to informally explain why you think a session on that topic would be relevant to the legal services community.
By submitting a session topic proposal, you are agreeing to coordinate the panel. This includes:
- Being the main point of contact for the panel to the Conference Planning Committee and Coordinator;
- Submitting the required materials by their respective deadlines;
- Meeting with your panel to plan the presentation;
Suggest possible speakers (up to 3 panelists MAX) and include their organizations and locations. Keep diversity in mind across the board. Please, no more than one representative from a particular program/organization per panel.