- This event has passed.
Litigation Skills Series: Basics of Taking and Defending a Deposition
April 16 @ 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Friday, April 16, 2021 from 12:00 PM to 3:00 PM
- via LIVE WEBINAR: using Zoom. You will be emailed access information.
- via recorded WEBCAST: View online anytime. You will be emailed the training link once the webcast is ready (within a week of the live event).
- Jane Santoni, Santoni, Vocci & Ortega, LLC
- Daria Zane, Pro Bono Resource Center of Maryland
- Depositions within the broader scope of discovery and the timeline of the case;
- Deciding whom to depose;
- Preparing your witness to be deposed;
- Mechanics of depositions: notification, scheduling, and execution;
- Openings at depositions;
- Handling exhibits at depositions;
- Tips for deposing a witness or defending a deposition;
- Later use of the deposition record; and
- Testimony at a deposition vs. testimony at trial.
This training will include a break-out session for practice, and an open Q/A time. The skills training portion of the event will be made available as an on-demand webcast recording.
Participation is open to lawyers who:
- have already accepted a pro bono commitment through a PBRC training within the past 12 months; OR
- commit to answer at least three legal questions for low-income Marylanders, using the https://Maryland.FreeLegalAnswers.org website. (Instructions will be provided.)
You can visit www.probonomd.org/training to accept a pro bono commitment through a PBRC training. Opportunities are statewide and through a myriad of legal services organizations.
Sponsored by Pro Bono Resource Center of Maryland